As an experienced executive consultant with years of industry experience, Kevin Modany has made a name for himself as an effective leader and consultant. Having spent over a decade working as the Chairman of ESI Service Corp, Modany developed a unique set of skills that he has developed to share with other consultants looking to pursue his industry.
Executives are expected to make major decisions at a moment’s notice, often with massive repercussions and major stakes on the line. Modany has served as an executive consultant since 2016, developing a multifaceted approach to the industry.
An Overview of an Executive Consultant’s Role
Executive Consultants are recognized as experts in a specific subject. Consultants are brought on board by CEOS and senior-level executives to assist in areas of problem-solving or decision-making. Executive consultants typically will possess amazing communication skills as well as the ability to transmit that knowledge to the other individuals in the room.
According to Kevin Modany, executive consultants will typically take on short-term assignments despite opportunities for longer-term work in the field.
Trends to Pay Attention To
Executive Consultants must be ready to accommodate the professionals in their circle in several major areas. Kevin Modany highlighted a few specific trends that executive consultants should take time to pay attention to.
- Digital Platform Expansion – Today’s rapidly changing landscape features digital operations at an unprecedented level. Executive consultants must be able to implement digital success strategies while incorporating analytics and data management.
- Career Growth Prospects – Companies that are focused on increasing productivity will eventually streamline their operations while gaining an edge against their competitors. Executive Consultants who assist in this process may find themselves gaining higher positions within the company, acquiring resources necessary to start their own consulting firms.
Skills Required for Success as an Executive Consultant
Executive consultants must commonly possess a large array of hard skills, also known as technical skills. These skills are used to solve major problems while attending multifactorial choices.
Kevin Modany detailed three real-world skills that every executive consultant should keep in their back pocket.
- Analytics – Executive consultants must be able to effectively and objectively analyze problems for their clients while devising a precise and targeted solution. Consultants will analyze data, pinpoint trends, and look for patterns before developing a solution.
- Financial Analysis – Analyzing financials is an imperative skill to develop, at least according to Kevin Modany. Modany points to his track record as a Certified Public Accountant as one of the reasons for his continued success in this area of the job.
- Project Management – Finally, Kevin Modany suggests that project management skills are an absolute necessity for long-term success as a consultant. Executive consultants must work with teams while dispatching important data where it is needed.
With a rapidly growing and expanding marketplace of ideas, Kevin Modany believes that executive consultancy is still in its infancy. As a result, the consultants of today must prepare for the work of tomorrow by staying abreast of the different ways that they can progress their work.
Prior to his work as a high-level executive consultant, Kevin Modany made a name for himself as a Certified Public Accountant. At the time of this writing, Kevin Modany continued to implore the growth of Bluerock Partners.