Comprehensive auto insurance includes both own damage insurance and third-party insurance. It compensates for losses brought on by both man-made and natural disasters. With certain add-ons, it can also be enhanced to provide ideal coverage as per the policyholders’ needs. You can buy car insurance online too.*
Car insurance is quite helpful for protecting the vehicle from harm, loss, and accidents. There are two main categories of auto insurance: Third-party liability insurance and comprehensive insurance. A comprehensive car insurance policy protects the vehicle’s owner from losses due to fire, accidents, floods, and falling items. Unexpected natural disasters like earthquakes, cyclones, floods, etc., are also covered. This policy also covers man-made disasters like theft and burglary.*
The benefits of choosing a comprehensive auto insurance policy
As suggested by the name, comprehensive car insurance meaning is that it is an insurance that covers accidental loss and damage to the vehicle. The following are essential reasons why automobile owners should purchase a comprehensive auto insurance policy:
- Addresses third-party liabilities: By default, comprehensive auto insurance covers injury caused to a third party by the policyholder. The insured can get unlimited liability for third-party bodily injury, passing away, and other property losses if reported.*
- Protection against man-made disasters: A comprehensive car insurance policy offers financial protection for the vehicle against human actions like terrorism, theft, damage to the car’s components, etc. The insurance covers the car in the event of malevolent activities, so the insured is spared unpleasant financial surprises.*
- Protection from natural disasters: With comprehensive auto insurance, the insured need not be concerned about how strong winds, the monsoon, prolonged downpours, or even snowfall may affect their car. For instance, the car can be damaged by heavy rains and the ensuing flooding in low-lying locations. However, with the help of comprehensive insurance coverage, the car can be protected against floods as well as other natural disasters like earthquakes and landslides.*
- Add-ons: This is probably one of the beneficial aspects of comprehensive auto insurance. Numerous extras and coverages can be added to the policy by the insured. Although it may result in higher premiums, it can improve the vehicle’s cover. Several alluring add-ons for auto insurance include:
- Cover for electrical and non-electrical fittings in the car
- Shield for the windshield glass
- Breakdown assistance cover
- Depreciation waiver cover
- No-claim bonus protection.
- Personal accident covers for driver and passengers etc.*
Opt for a premium calculator to help you look at and compare various policies and find the ideal one for you based on your requirements, affordable car insurance prices, and other factors.
What comprehensive auto insurance may not cover:
A comprehensive auto insurance policy provides maximum coverage for the vehicle. However, this policy may have a few exceptions like the following:
- If driving under the influence of alcohol results in damage and losses.
- The depreciation value of the car may not be covered by insurance without an add-on.
- It may not cover losses brought on by the owner’s negligence.
- It may not include mechanical and electrical failure.
- It may not cover tyre and tube repairs that are not caused by an accident.
- The policy may not pay for the damages if the driver is discovered to be operating a vehicle without a valid licence.*
It’s critical to have comprehensive auto insurance in order to meet legal requirements, receive extensive coverage for damage, and support cashless claims. Do your research before buying one. Look at various car insurance online before you make your decision.
*Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.