Search Engine Optimization has evolved a lot in the past few years. It has become more sophisticated and knowledgeable about the user’s web-behaviour. The modern manifestation of SEO uses both On-Page and Off-Page techniques. It helps the creation of superior-quality websites that ranks at the top of SERP.
In this article, we will learn about these techniques and how digital marketers use them to assist clients.
How can SEO help a business?
SEO can do a lot for a business. It helps organizations use their website to optimize content, create a better user experience, optimize backlinks, reach new audiences, obtain more traffic to their sites, drive growth, and spread knowledge.
If you are looking for a credible digital agency, then choose Marketing Sweet. It is a full-fledged SEO agency Brisbane that offers comprehensive SEO services to cater to the varying needs of a business.
Understanding On-Page SEO
On-page SEO comprises of on-site techniques that help a webpage rank on a SERP. It determines how well a web page ranks on SERP. It uses technical and content elements to enhance the page quality so that you get more organic search traffic.
What type of elements can be implemented using on-page SEO?
You can optimize different elements of a webpage using on-page SEO:
- Title tags
- URL structure Headings
- Alt text for images
- Internal links
- Responsiveness eta descriptions
- Site speed
Best Technical Best Practices for On-Page SEO
- Each title tag has to be descriptive and unique. It should be optimized with a 60 characters keyword.
- Focus headings on descriptive and relevant words. Optimize those using keywords.
- URL structure should relate to the page’s niche. Optimize it with relevant keywords.
- Have a specific and descriptive alt text. It should be below 125 characters or less. Optimize it with an appropriate keyword or phrase.
- Websites that are slow in loading have a high bounce rate. Google penalizes such websites and assigns them a lower rank. So, increase the loading speed of the page.
- Internal links facilitate navigation for visitors. It makes it easier for search engines to index the pages. Ensure that each webpage should link back to the homepage or category or subcategory page.
- Have brief yet vivid Meta descriptions that summarize the content of the webpage.
- Keywords should be well-researched and meticulously selected. They should be inserted naturally.
Quality backlinks are an integral part of an off-page SEO strategy. One backlink from an authoritative site is 100 times effective than several low-quality links. Here are a few other techniques that would help increase website authority and get more links:
- Write guest blogs to advertise your expertise
- Write content that describes influencers in the field
- Clear all broken links with content that you have written on that subject
- Create a lot of infographics on your website
Off-Page SEO Best Practices
Here are a few other Off-Page SEO Best Practices that you can use.
- Add your business to internet directories and local listings
- Include things like Yelp, Google My Business, Yellow Pages, etc.
- Participate in discussions on websites like Quora by answering questions on the website. Your knowledge will help the community and also establish you as a subject expert among readers.
- Submit backlinked content to several sharing websites that include image, video, and audio sharing sites.
SEO best practices have been developing with the changes in the web user and online consumer. Presently, the best technique to implement SEO is to have a solid strategy that addresses on-page and off-page elements.